The Joy MeditationDec 25, 2020
I know this Christmas may look different for most of us. And for a lot of us, it has been a year filled with too much uncertainty, loss, anxiety, and loneliness.
I understand. I have been right here with you feeling all the feelings too. And what I have found is that by focusing on what I do have, and the light that is deep within my soul, I've been able to make it through even the toughest days with more peace and acceptance.
I believe that by cultivating joy and gratitude within ourselves while outwardly expressing generosity and kindness toward others we can generate more hope for our future and each other. And we can open ourselves up for joy in even the most uncertain of times.
This song keeps ringing in my ears...
Joy to the world! Joy to the world! All the boys and girls now. Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea. Joy to you and me.
Let this be our prayer...
May there be peace in our hearts. May there be peace in our minds. May there be peace in our words. May there be peace in our world.
Day Seven, Happiness Booster
The JOY Meditation
- Sit with your spine upright in a comfortable seat and place your hands over your heart.
- Breathe in and out through your nose.
- Soften your eyes, relax your jaw, and create a slight smile on your face.
- Breathe in the feeling of gratitude. Rather than listing the things you appreciate, try to embody a sense of gratitude. Let your heart expand as you simply appreciate what is good in your life.
- Then, after a few minutes of gratitude and appreciation, place your hands on your lap, and relax.
- Next, focus your attention on the joy within your being. When your mind wanders, simply guide it back to your breath and the joy within you.
- Let the feelings of gratitude and joy increase and expand throughout your entire body.
- Turn your mouth upwards to a slight smile and keep your eyes soft.
- Imagine your whole body smiling.
Day Seven, Anxiety Buster
One of the best ways I find to calm my own anxiety is to turn my attention toward someone I can help. Make a list of ways you can serve your community, neighbors, family, or friends. And commit to doing at least one thing each week for someone else.
This will bring so much joy to your life and theirs.
*** This blog post is part of a 10-DAY SERIES, Titled "10 DAYS OF JOY"
If you are not already currently subscribed to The JOY BLOG, and you do want to have the Ten Days of JOY delivered to your inbox, plus join my private Facebook group where I'll be going LIVE each day to share more about the daily booster and buster, and receive a special invitation to a LIVE fireside chat with Joy on Tuesday, December 29th, Click HERE to join my Facebook group!
P.S. Let's spread the joy, together. Please SHARE this post with any of the women (or men) in your life!
Attend Joy's Free Live Training via Zoom, August 28th at 10 am CST
3 Secrets to Self-Confidence from the Yoga Sutra
(without ever stepping on a yoga mat)
JOY! Delivered To Your Inbox
Get Joy's weekly blog, + inspiration, spiritual tools, and practical tips to conquer fear and build an unshakable belief that you are good enough!
We will also share upcoming events and other helpful content with you from time to time