7 Signs You're Mentally & Emotionally ExhaustedJul 21, 2020
7 Signs You're Mentally & Emotionally Exhausted
It is normal after all we've been through this year, to be exhausted.
Yet, even though it is normal and understandable that we feel depleted, we often ignore the warning signs our own body sends us. When we don't respond to these signals, they don't just disappear - they persist. The messages will get louder and louder until we simply must pay attention.
Why? Because our body is trying to protect us.
The mistake I made for years was believing that my panic attacks just happened to me. Looking back I can see how I completely ignored the warning signs. I had no idea my body was trying to tell me something - I desperately needed to hear. I ignored the messages and convinced myself I could handle the stress. Even worse, I told myself I had no choice.
I'd say things like:
- I have to keep going
- I can't say no
- People are counting on me
- I'll be fine
When I broke out in rashes, hives, and panic attacks I was scared and shocked.
Between the age of 18 and 24, I had rashes that caused me to go to the emergency room, and panic attacks so severe I called 911. Even then, I still didn't see those experiences as critical warning signs from my body. My attention was constantly on what was happening around me, and not on what was happening within me.
I believed my rashes and panic attacks came out of the blue, isolated from any of my own choices, thoughts, beliefs and fears. I didn't see the correlation between my constant stress, overwhelm, and worry, and the rashes, and panic attacks I experienced. My response was to keep going, and do more.
These are just some of the signs I ignored during those years:
- Irritable, distracted and frustrated
- Looping thoughts
- Negative thoughts
- Teeth grinding / sore jaw
- Body tension
I'd tell myself this is just how life is.
- I convinced myself these experiences were okay, even normal
- I rarely questioned them.
- I just learned to live with them.
Until my body wouldn't let me. Your body needs you to stop and listen.
Here are 7 warning signs you are emotionally and mentally exhausted, and you need to respond:
- You are easily Irritated or frustrated
- You have trouble sleeping; you're tired during the day
- You feel detached; you don't feel good or bad
- You find it difficult to be present; even with people you love
- You feel dizzy or lightheaded; you can't focus
- You feel anxious or worried; you can't take a deep breath
- You have physical pain, such as headaches and muscle tension
It is so important that you pay attention to these little knocks from your inner wisdom, and develop the habit of awareness. Remember you do have a choice. You can choose to take small actions, and nourish yourself each and every day. Self-care is not a luxury, it is a necessity.
What I learned to do, and what you can do too:
- Pay attention to what your body is communicating to you
- Get honest with yourself about how you feel, and what you need
- BE kind to yourself
- know that if a thought hurts, it is not true
- Realize that beliefs are not facts, they can change
- Acknowledge that you can change, and commit to small and positive changes each day
- Develop a meaningful relationship with YOU. Make yourself your first appointment every day, even if that means getting up early to breathe, meditate and move your body.
- Take time to do whatever it is that grounds you, and connects you to something bigger than yourself
- Spend time with people who inspire you
- Talk to someone you trust and love
- Ask for help. It's okay. We all need each other
Of course you don't have to do all of these at once. But you must stop, listen and respond to the messages from your body - and your wise inner self.
As a special gift to you, for being subscribed to my community...
I am giving you free access to a resource normally only included in my Soul School Coaching Program. It will help you, right now, engage in a new reflection and conversation with your body, mind and soul.
Your body is precious. It is your vehicle for awakening. Treat it with care. - Buddha_____________________________________________________________
Soul School! Next Group Begins August 1st.
Limited to 7 people. 2 spots left!
Reduce Anxiety. Build Your Inner Calm. Reclaim Your Joy
From Fear To Freedom Academy
What if your fears, anxieties, and doubts were replaced by an unshakable confidence in yourself? What if, rather than second-guessing yourself, you trusted your intuition, celebrated your unique gifts, and became your most radiant, magnetic, and empowered self? I've done it. The women I coach have done it. That means you can too.